Setting Up an Email Account on the iPhone or the iPod Touch
You can set up and make changes to an email account directly on the iPhone or the iPod Touch with your pre-existing mail box. You will simply need the standard mail account information such as the full user name, password, and the incoming and outgoing mail server host information, (mail.domain.com).
Enter account settings directly on iPhone
1. If this is the first account you're setting up on the iPhone or the iPod Touch, tap Mail.
Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail > Accounts >
2. Choose your email account type. For setting up email to work with your (mt)
Media Temple service choose Other.
3. Select server type - IMAP or
POP, and enter account information.
NOTE: we strongly recommend you use IMAP if you are planning on checking your email from multiple devices. (i.e. iPhone or the iPod Touch and your computer) Using POP3 has been known to cause issues with POP locking.
Fill in your information:
5. Upon successful completion of the mailbox setup you are taken back to the
Mail Settings screen.
6. If you used the IMAP setting:
To download the Inbox folders such as the Sent Items, from the Home
screen choose Settings > Mail > choose your account...
And click on Advanced, then for the IMAP Path Prefix enter INBOX in all capital letters.
You may also want your iPhone or iPod Touch to store your sent and Draft messages on the server you can also change this setting in the advanced settings area.