Click the 'Tools' menu, and select 'Account Settings'
Click on the 'Email' tab and click on the 'new' button.
Next select 'Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP' and click 'Next.'
On the Auto Account Setup window check the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' and click 'Next'.
NOTE: (mt) Media Temple does not support this feature on our mail servers, so you should not use the Auto Account Setup feature.
Select 'Internet E-mail' option and click 'Next.'
- Enter 'Your Name' as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address firstname.lastname@example.org. (Replace my-domain-temple.net with your domain.) in the 'Email address:' field.
- Select 'POP3' or 'IMAP'
- Enter 'mail.my-domain-temple.net' (Replace my-domain-temple.net with your domain.) in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server:' field.
- Enter 'mail.my-domain-temple.net' (Replace my-domain-temple.net with your domain.) in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field.
- Enter your username email@example.com' (Replace my-domain-temple.net with your domain.) in the 'Account name:' field.
- Enter your email password in the 'Password:' field
- Click on 'More Settings...'
- Click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Check 'My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication'
- Make sure 'Use same setting as my incoming mail server' is also checked.
- Click on 'OK'
Click the 'Test Account Settings' button and you should see all items with green check marks... Click the 'close' Button to close the test window.
Click 'OK' to save your settings.
Congratulations you have finished the setup of your email account, Click 'Finish' to close the setup wizard.
NOTE: If you are still having issues sending email you can try the following:
Click the 'Tools' menu, and select 'E-mail Accounts'.
Highlight the email account and click 'Change'.
Click the 'Advanced' tab, and change the smtp port to the alternate port of 587' then click on 'OK'.